Wurstfest
We drove to New Braunfels for Wurstfest, a ten day salute to sausage. If you check out the link, play the video on the home page. We took a lot of pictures and had a good time. I decided to post a slide show since there were so many.
We went through the food building first, wow....any kind of sausage you could want on a stick. Morgan had a bratwurst with cheese, it was on a skewer with a roll at the end. Brian had a skewer with different kinds of sausage, the apple was my favorite...it was SO good! I just shared what they had, there was plenty!
We then went into Wursthalle to sit and eat our potato pancakes with applesauce, they were very yummy. There was lots of fun dance music from the polka bands playing...although it was a surprise to hear them play country music! The drink vendors at Wurstfest aren't allowed to take money, so you have to buy tickets to get a drink. You can see a ticket booth in one of the pictures.
We bought Morgan an unlimited ride pass for the carnival, he had a great time and rode even the scarier rides. Brian and I watched some performers from Germany, they played the bells and danced traditional dances.
A group called The Sauerkrauts played as well, they played traditional German songs including Edelweiss on a saw, it was a beautiful rendidtion! They also played a few that were more familiar and changed the lyrics for the occasion, for example:
"If you're going to play in Deutchland, you've got to have a tuba in the band.
That lead guitar is hot, but not for a German oompa band."
There were a lot of silly hats floating around, I didn't get a picture of the flying pig, hot dog, and flower hats; but there were some I captured--there were tons of different chicken hats!
We went through the food building first, wow....any kind of sausage you could want on a stick. Morgan had a bratwurst with cheese, it was on a skewer with a roll at the end. Brian had a skewer with different kinds of sausage, the apple was my favorite...it was SO good! I just shared what they had, there was plenty!
We then went into Wursthalle to sit and eat our potato pancakes with applesauce, they were very yummy. There was lots of fun dance music from the polka bands playing...although it was a surprise to hear them play country music! The drink vendors at Wurstfest aren't allowed to take money, so you have to buy tickets to get a drink. You can see a ticket booth in one of the pictures.
We bought Morgan an unlimited ride pass for the carnival, he had a great time and rode even the scarier rides. Brian and I watched some performers from Germany, they played the bells and danced traditional dances.
A group called The Sauerkrauts played as well, they played traditional German songs including Edelweiss on a saw, it was a beautiful rendidtion! They also played a few that were more familiar and changed the lyrics for the occasion, for example:
"If you're going to play in Deutchland, you've got to have a tuba in the band.
That lead guitar is hot, but not for a German oompa band."
There were a lot of silly hats floating around, I didn't get a picture of the flying pig, hot dog, and flower hats; but there were some I captured--there were tons of different chicken hats!


Comments