Wonders & Worries and Project Linus
Recently we've been introduced to two wonderful groups, Wonders & Worries and Project Linus. Wonders and worries provides psychosocial services for children and adolescents who have a parent diagnosed with a chronic or life-threatening illness.

Morgan has been meeting with one of their counselors to help him learn different ways to cope with the emotions he has about his dad's injury. I believe his counselor, Miss Jorgenson, has really helped him. This service is also free of charge and Miss Jorgenson travels from Austin to visit with Morgan at school. Last week, he came home with a blanket she had given him from Project Linus. Included with the blanket was a poem:
I can't be there to hold your hand,
I can't be there to hug you,
I can't be there to dry a tear,
But there is one thing I CAN do.
I can sit here in my room at night
And think of you out there,
And make a blanket just for you
With tender loving care.
When you hold this blankent in your arms
And close your eyes real tight,
You can feel the love I tucked inside
When I made this late one night.
So dry your tears and smile a smile
You aren't alone you see.
You have this special blanket -
You have a part of me.
-Pam Braden
For more on these two wonderful organizations:
Wonders & Worries
Project Linus
Morgan has been meeting with one of their counselors to help him learn different ways to cope with the emotions he has about his dad's injury. I believe his counselor, Miss Jorgenson, has really helped him. This service is also free of charge and Miss Jorgenson travels from Austin to visit with Morgan at school. Last week, he came home with a blanket she had given him from Project Linus. Included with the blanket was a poem:
I can't be there to hold your hand,
I can't be there to hug you,
I can't be there to dry a tear,
But there is one thing I CAN do.
I can sit here in my room at night
And think of you out there,
And make a blanket just for you
With tender loving care.
When you hold this blankent in your arms
And close your eyes real tight,
You can feel the love I tucked inside
When I made this late one night.
So dry your tears and smile a smile
You aren't alone you see.
You have this special blanket -
You have a part of me.
-Pam Braden
For more on these two wonderful organizations:
Wonders & Worries
Project Linus
Comments