Rodeo Austin

We surprised Morgan with a trip to the rodeo/fair when it was in town. He was really excited when we pulled into the parking lot. We had told him we had a surprise for him, he thought we were going to the movies or something. He started reading the signs as we got closer and was bouncing he was so excited.

There were lots of carnival rides, although we didn't go on any....I don't remember rides being that expensive when I was a kid!

However, we did wander through the vendor booths and see the livestock.


We also saw pig races...Morgan and I had never seen pig races like this before. I've seen the greased pig races at rodeos...but these were racing pigs! These cute little guys run around a track to try to get to a plate at the end. On the plate is an Oreo!

Each section was assigned a pig to cheer for, and the representative of the section would receive a package of Oreos and a pig snout. Morgan did get to be the section "leader" once, but our pig didn't win the race. Luckily, we were able to buy him a pig snout after the races were finished.

We bought our tickets kinda last minute, so our seats for the rodeo weren't very good - especially since people would come stand in front of us to get a better view :( Because of this, we let Morgan stand at the rail in front of us so he could see what was going on.

There is a concert after every rodeo, Morgan has been saying he wants to go to a concert but I don't think he realized how loud they were. He liked the music, but ended up covering his ears because it was so loud. However, he loved his surprise! We'll just need to buy our tickets earlier next year!



Comments

Cindy G said…
What a fun surprise! I love doing stuff like that with my kids. He'll always remember that wonderful day.

Thanks for your email...I had no idea. You've had your share of trials. My heart goes out to you and Morgan. God Bless.
Fishin' Ponds said…
I've been catching up on blogs as of late...I love the rodeo post! I miss them being up here in Alaska...I'll bet there's not a shortage of them in Texas! :) I hope Morgan's doing better with the therapist he's meeting with. What a wonderful couple of groups. Is Shawn ok? I hadn't heard what happened to him. Anywho...hope you are still enjoying the wonderful weather to go on your night walks. How fun!
Mariann said…
I bet he loved every minute!

Popular Posts