Feeling a little Grinchy....

Wow...can't believe November is almost half over! Seems like we were just celebrating New Years...and now the holiday season creeping up on us again.

Usually I love the holiday season, but I think it comes earlier every year. I was seeing Christmas decorations for sale before Halloween!

As it seems to be a holiday that is overlooked (at least from a retail perspective), I thought I would issue a recipe challenge for Thanksgiving. I'm starting with one of Brians' favorites, Coke Salad. He swore to me it was a staple in Texas and it's the only thing he really cares about having for Thanksgiving. :D

1 small package strawberry Jello
1 small package black cherry Jello
16 ounces can black cherries (pitted & drained)
16 ounces can crushed pineapple (drained)
8 ounces package cream cheese (softened)
1 can cold coca cola (coke)
1 cup walnuts or pecans (chopped)

Directions:

Reserve juice from both cans of fruit. Heat reserved juices and pour over Jello and cream cheese until dissolved. Put in fruits and nuts then add coke. Mold overnight

Anyone else have a favorite they would like to share?

Comments

Wow...that's an interesting recipe! I'll have to try it. My favorite Thanksgiving food is Pumpkin Pie. I don't need to share the recipe because it's probably the easiest thing to make. Thanks for sharing!
Cindy G said…
It sounds different but good. (And do easy, too!) We'll have to try it! Check out my blog for a very yummy squash casserole (um... dessert) recipe.
Melissa said…
Sweet potatoes--mmmmmmm!! lots of butter, brown sugar, and marshmellows over canned sweet potatoes.
Michelle said…
I need your email. Send it to mewadsworth@hotmail.com. :-)

Popular Posts