Farewell Ike


This week has been very hectic preparing for Ike. Morgan and I have never experienced a hurricane. At the beginning of the week, it looked like we might be getting some of the storm, but as the week progressed, the likelihood became less and less. Our kids had early release from school Friday due to the increase in traffic from those who had evacuated the Texas coast.

None of our friends in Houston decided to evacuate. Friday evening it looked like Masons neighborhood was directly in the storms' path. It was a really hard night in our house watching news casts and weather predictions as well as checking the NOAA site to see where the storm was. Happily, Brian was able to talk with all of our family and friends this morning and they are all ok.

As for Round Rock, we did get some wind from Ike. There were many reports predicting the worst that could happen. Morgan was awake panicking about tornadoes and floods thanks to the radio. We were prepared at our house, bottled water, food, etc. but we had blue skies and not a drop of rain. Mom, Mariann, and Sean had a lot of rain in Dallas, but they are all ok as well. For a weekend that could have been potentially disastrous, I feel very fortunate to have all of our loved ones safe.

Comments

Fishin' Ponds said…
I had no idea you were down in that area. I'm glad all is well with you and your fam. It's kinda fun to catch up with high school friends huh?! Funny how our lives are so different, but we still have found a way to keep in contact.
Melissa said…
Same here--I didn't know you where in Texas--of all places--how do you stand the humidity? :) Glad to hear you and your family are all ok--

Popular Posts